Friday, April 13, 2012

You're Still That Girl by Britt Nicole








I have a friend who sends me songs at times that just have to be a God purposed thing.

Tonight I was looking through old pictures of myself. I had the world at my fingertips back then. I just didn't see it. A shy girl with some brave dreams, I could've been unstoppable. As I was scanning my face over the years, I was feeling that nagging heartache of missed opportunities and roads that should've been taken.

I was repeatedly telling God that I AM grateful for renewing me. Maybe I was trying to talk myself into not feeling this heart pain. Maybe I was feeling some guilt for wanting more. I realized that I still hope to not just be new, but to have ME back. Not everything of our old selves was bad. I was thinking I want that girl back. I want that careless hope and gusto back. I want that innocent assurance back. I want that girl back that was running towards the ledge of giving it all away to serve.

Before I closed this picture file, I checked my email. This song was waiting for me. Thank you, my friend.

God is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment